2021: America's Greatest Treasure with Denver Start (8850)
10 days from Denver to Salt Lake City
Go west for adventure and treasure on this affordable American vacation through Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Utah. From the 'Mile High City' of Denver to the lofty peaks of the Grand Tetons, you'll experience the Wild West with its stunning vistas and historic lore. Pass through the black hills of South Dakota where the legends of the frontier made their mark, and stand at the national monuments to presidents at Mount Rushmore, and to Native American legend, Chief Crazy Horse. Follow the trail of pioneers and history-makers to Wyoming-home of Buffalo Bill and the spectacular natural splendor of Yellowstone National Park. From Old Faithful and thundering waterfalls to the desert of the Great Salt Lake, your journey through the American West is a tale to be told for years to come.
Call (315) 598-8300 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15084021
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Denver||Welcome to Denver, the 'Mile High City,' capital of Colorado and gateway to the Rocky Mountains. This evening is free to explore on your own.|
|Day 2||Rapid City||Depart Denver and travel north to Cheyenne, capital of Wyoming. Then, on through the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, immortalized in a famous song from the musical Calamity Jane, to the historic frontier town of Custer. Overnight in Rapid City.|
|Day 3||Deadwood||Visit Crazy Horse Memorial, a monument carved out of a mountain that pays respect to the great Native American hero, Chief Crazy Horse. Drive deep into the Black Hills, through what was Sioux Indian territory, to see the stunning granite faces of Mount Rushmore, a giant monument to four great American presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. On to Deadwood, a lawless frontier town during the 1876 Gold Rush, where Jack McCall murdered Wild Bill Hickok during a poker game. Overnight here, and discover Deadwood's Wild West ways as you walk in the footsteps of legends like Calamity Jane and Seth Bullock. (CB)|
|Day 4||Cody||This morning, head through high country, where open-range cattle kings made war on the homesteaders in the 1890s. Drive past Sheridan and then ascend into the alpine region of the Bighorn Mountains, and site of the Battle of Tongue River. Overnight in Buffalo Bill's frontier town of Cody. (CB)|
|Day 5||West Yellowstone||Proceed through Shoshone National Forest to Yellowstone National Park. Travel along Grand Loop Road to Artist Point for views of the Lower Falls of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Overnight in West Yellowstone. NOTES:Routing and areas visited in Yellowstone National Park are always subject to favorable weather, gate access, and road conditions; therefore, routings may be adjusted.|
|Day 6||West Yellowstone||Today, explore more of America's first national park by returning to visit the geyser basins with bubbling mud paint pots and the reliable 'blow' of Old Faithful. In addition to superb mountain scenery, the park is one of the world's principal wildlife preserves and a photographer's paradise. (CB)|
|Day 7||WEJACKSON||Head south into magnificent Grand Teton National Park, one of America's last preserves of wild solitude. Its 13,770-foot-high ridges are crested with snow most of the year. Stroll along the shores of beautiful glacier-fed Jenny Lake before ending the day in the Wild West town of Jackson. This evening, join an optional barbecue cookout and Wild West show. Travel by horse-drawn covered wagon into Cache Creek Canyon and experience dinner and entertainment before returning to Jackson. (CB)|
|Day 8||Jackson||Time to relax in Jackson or maybe join a scenic trip down the Snake River. Enjoy an 8-mile float trip that passes nesting areas of bald eagles, ospreys and a plethora of other bird species and wildlife. The afternoon is free to explore the historic downtown area of Jackson.|
|Day 9||Salt Lake City||Today, travel to Salt Lake City, Utah's vibrant capital. Set on the edge of Great Salt Lake Desert, this center of the Mormon religion is where Brigham Young declared to his followers, 'This is the place.' An included sightseeing tour offers a glimpse of Temple Square, the Capitol Building, and the beautiful downtown area.|
|Day 10||Salt Lake City||Your vacation ends this morning. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).