Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2017
Weave your way from Rome past golden olive groves and lush green vineyards to medieval bastions that have preserved Tuscany's unforgettable charm for centuries. Stay in the popular thermal spa resort of Montecatini, admire the exquisite marble cathedral in Siena and visit the scenic Tuscan towns of Vinci and Pisa to learn about the lives of celebrated Italian luminaries.
- City tour in Rome, Pisa and Florence
- Views of the ancient sites of Rome including the Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Tuscan city of Siena, the medieval town of San Gimignano, the Leonardiano Museum in the town of Vinci, the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- 1 lunch
- In the midst of three centuries of art, history and antiquities at the Vatican's Missionary Ethnological Museum, enjoy a private guided tour and exclusive dinner.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (315) 598-8300 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358363
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome: Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City. This capital city stands on the Tiber River and enjoys a long and celebrated history. Relax after your journey and later meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Then an orientation drive will give you a perfect introduction to the sights which await you. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Montecatini||Rome Sightseeing - Montecatini (6 Nights): This morning your included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist begins with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica to see Michelangelo's magnificent Pieta. St. Peter's is a place of pilgrimage and is regarded as one of the holiest Catholic shrines. Your tour continues across the Tiber River with views of ancient Roman ruins including the enormous Colosseum. Later enjoy a scenic drive through the Tuscan Hills to the thermal spa resort of Montecatini, the largest and most famous spa town in Italy, your home for the next six nights.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 3||Montecatini||Siena and San Gimignano Excursion: In the well-preserved medieval city of Siena see the Piazza del Campo, scene of the celebrated biannual Palio horse race and the stunning marble Cathedral which dominates the town. Later explore San Gimignano known as the 'medieval Manhattan', famed for its ring of towers which can be seen several kilometres from town. Shop for locall-produced delicacies and hand-painted Tuscan pottery.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Montecatini||Montecatini At Leisure or Optional Experience to the Cinque Terre: Enjoy a relaxing day or you might consider an Optional Experience to the famous Cinque Terre, with its quaint coastal pastel-coloured villages clinging to rugged cliffs.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Montecatini||Pisa and Vinci Excursion: This morning meet your Local Specialist in Pisa and view the famous Leaning Tower, the finely sculpted marble cathedral and the ornate baptistery. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious Regional Meal in the Tuscan countryside for lunch. Then travel to the scenic Tuscan town of Vinci where you'll enjoy a Cultural Insight into the life of Leonardo da Vinci including a visit to the Museo Leonardiano showcasing his machines and models asccompanied by specific references to his sketches and handwritten notes, as well as interactive exhibits.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Montecatini||Florence Excursion: Your Local Specialist gives you a fascinating account on the history of Renaissance Florence during your walking tour. View the magnificent Duomo and visit Piazza della Signoria. Perhaps in your free time visit the Ponte Vecchio bridge, one of the city's most famous landmarks and lined with goldsmiths and jewellers, a legacy of the 16th century decree which mandated that only jewellers and goldsmiths be allowed to ply their trade on the bridge. Visitors will however now also find the odd souvenir shop. Tonight join your fellow travellers for a memorable Be My Guest dinner experience with beautiful views over the Tuscan hills.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Montecatini||Montecatini At Leisure: Montecatini Terme is one of Italy's most popular thermal spa destinations and you have the entire day to do exactly as you please. Why not take the historic funicular railway from Montecatini Terme to the picturesque town of Montecatini Alto which has a small castle and large square with charming restaurants and outdoor cafes, not to mention magnificent views of the countryside for as far as the eye can see. Your Travel Director will be available for suggestions on how to spend your day.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Rome||Montecatini - Rome - Vatican Experience: Travel from Montecatini to Rome and have time at leisure on arrival. Explore the city's magnificent historic sites, indulge in its café culture or perhaps even indulge in a shopping experience to Via Condotti. This afternoon, gain priority access to the Vatican Museums where you will meet an official representative during your private guided tour of the Missionary Ethnological Museum. Founded by Pope Pius XI in 1926, this museum has a remarkable collection of artworks and historical relics from missions all over the world. Enjoy an exclusive Farewell Dinner at the museum amidst three centuries of Vatican art, history and antiquities. Join a Local Specialist for a guided evening tour of the Vatican Museums including a visit to Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Sheraton Parco De Medici
|Day 9||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: Say 'arrivederci Roma' at the end of a relaxing and memorable Italian holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Cruise Connection: This trip starts or ends in a popular cruise port, so you can combine a cruise with a more in-depth guided holiday in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class